Candle Safety Instructions & Tips
We want you to have the best JAJI Candle experience so here is some essential product information.
JAJI Fragrances uses all-natural soy wax in its candles. Soy beans are a sustainable product grown naturally and when converted into soy wax candles they provide a clean burn free of toxins. Be wary of soy blend candles – in most cases these blends contain the very harmful toxin called paraffin.
First Burn: When burning your JAJI soy wax candle for the first time it is important to allow it to burn for 2.5 to 3 hours. Soy candle wax has what is called a “melt memory”. When you burn a soy wax candle and then extinguish it, the next time it is burned the soy wax will melt across as far as it did the first time. This is why it is so important when burning your JAJI Candle for the first time to burn it long enough for the soy wax to melt all the way across to the edge of the container and to develop a good melt pool of approximately 1.25cm. This will help prevent “tunneling” as it burns and provide the best hot throw fragrance.
Relighting: After you have carefully extinquished your JAJI Candle allow it cool. When it comes time to relighting your Candle be sure to trim the wick first. Trim the wick to approximately 0.6cm. (1/4 Inch). This will assist you in getting more time as th wick won’t be long and will not create an aggressive burn. It will also assist in your scent throw being greater
JAJI scented candles have been developed with different levels of fragrance. Some of our fragrances have been designed to extend throughout a home while others are more gentle and have been designed to lend a soothing ambiance to the space. Whatever candle you choose, you should allow enough time for the fragrance to develop and permeate your environment. There are many factors that will contribute to the time that it takes for your candle fragrance to “bloom”. In general we recommend waiting up to 45 minutes depending on the fragrance and your environment. Our recommendation for those with larger living spaces is to have more then one JAJI Candle lit to achieve a maximum scent throw.
Important: The use of candles requires caution and awareness of the associated risks. Failure to follow instructions could result in injury, fire or property damage.
- Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep. Be sure the wick ember is no longer glowing.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not position candles or fragrance products on or near TV cabinets, electrical items or heat sources.
- Do not use if the glass container is cracked, chipped or broken.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Trim candlewicks to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning and dripping.
- Be sure the candle-holder is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This can help prevent heat damage to underlying surfaces and prevent glass containers from breaking.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Do not burn a JAJI Fragrances Large Candle (300g) for more than 3 hours at a time. Do not burn a JAJI Fragrances Small Candle (60g) for more than 2 hours at a time.
- Stop burning when 13mm (1/2 inch) of un-melted wax remains in the bottom of the Candle glass.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and avoid flame flare-ups and sooting. Drafts can also blow nearby lightweight items into the flame where they could catch fire.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a “tight” home where air exchange is limited.
- Never touch or move a burning candle or container candle when the wax is liquid. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cool before handling.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
- Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This helps ensure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts to cause improper burning.
- Use a snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax splatters. If not available, blow gently and steadily on the flame until it is extinguished.
- Never extinguish candles with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might cause a glass container to break.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure.
- Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. The candle isn’t burning properly.
- Cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.
- Never use a candle as a night light.
- Do not use lid to extinguish candle.
- Container candles may become hot. Handle with care and wait for the wax to set and the candle to cool before moving.
- Never move a burning candle.
Candle Care Guide – How to get the best performance out of your JAJI Fragrances Candle.
- Prevent soot from forming on the glass by keeping wicks properly placed and trimmed.
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.
- If the glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish candle, allow to cool and clean with a dry paper towel.
- When not in use, keep candle covered to avoid dust build-up. Container candle burn times will vary. Fragrance, colour, burning habits and environmental conditions affect the time a candle will last.
- Under no circumstances should any product that generates heat, flame or fragrance be placed directly onto antique, valuable or highly polished furniture.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: all JAJI Fragrance and Homewares products are used at your own risk. By following these instructions we are confident that you will get the most enjoyment from your purchase. JAJI Fragrance and Homewares does not accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of the misuse of its products.